The Daily Caveat is written by Michael Thomas, a recovering corporate investigator in the Washington, DC-area.

CARE TO CONTRIBUTE?

TIPS, COMMENTS and QUESTIONS are always welcome (and strictly confidential).

Contact The Daily Caveat via:



Join our mailing list to new posts via email.



Or justrss icon read the feed...


Previous Posts
7/24/2007
Mid-Week Weekender - Paul Sanchez Plays at Iota in Arlington, VA
I don't normally diverge too much from the standard topics here at The Daily Caveat. You loyal band of readers don't come here every day to bother with my politics or my various obsessions (books, coffee, movies, etc.). I do not make you suffer through pictures of my cats (although I did post some of Kirby - sue me!).

However, all that said, if you'll indulge me (and maybe even indulge yourself a bit)... If you're in the DC area I highly recommend taking in a show tonight at the ever-reliable, Iota in Arlington VA. The performer in question would be Paul Sanchez, former guitarist for Cowboy Mouth. Sanchez is one of my favorite songwriters and his recent return to solo touring is more than welcome.

Paul is a New Orleans institution and odds are you've heard his stuff somewhere along the way without even knowing it. He and his wife, Shelly lost everything in Hurricane Katrina and have spent the last year picking up the pieces and getting on with things. Part of that getting on was leaving Cowboy Mouth, his band of almost two decades to pursue his own musical agenda.

If you've got the time, you could do worse that to get yourself to this gig...If you want to sample some tracks before committing yourself, the always fantastic EMUSIC.com has you covered.

-- MDT

Labels: ,

0 Comments.
Post a Comment


all content © Michael D. Thomas 2010