The Daily Caveat is written by Michael Thomas, a recovering corporate investigator in the Washington, DC-area.

CARE TO CONTRIBUTE?

TIPS, COMMENTS and QUESTIONS are always welcome (and strictly confidential).

Contact The Daily Caveat via:



Join our mailing list to new posts via email.



Or justrss icon read the feed...


Previous Posts
5/17/2006
Milberg Partners Take Leave of Absence in Response to Kickback Probe
From the TimesDaily.com:
...The departures of David Bershad and Steven Schulman were announced Monday by Milberg Weiss Bershad Hynes & Lerach.

The U.S. Justice Department has been investigating the firm for nearly six years. The case is currently before a federal grand jury in Los Angeles.

In a memo circulated to firm employees Tuesday, Bershad said his decision to leave was mutually agreed upon with the company's management and that he would be available at its request to represent clients.

"I am taking this step in the belief that my action will improve the firm's chances to avoid unfounded charges that would be detrimental," said Bershad, who joined the firm nearly 40 years ago...
More here.

-- MDT

Labels: , ,

1 Comments.
Blogger Christopher Kingsaid...
This is going to be a fascinating case to watch. I will do that in all of my spare time while I watch my own white collar crime case hopefully disintegrate.

Deal is, they don't want to pay me any money for the Defamation claims I brought against my detractors, either.

Stalemate:

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2006/05/kingcast-presents-milberg-weiss-et-al.html

Peace.
Post a Comment


all content © Michael D. Thomas 2010