The Daily Caveat is written by Michael Thomas, a recovering corporate investigator in the Washington, DC-area.

CARE TO CONTRIBUTE?

TIPS, COMMENTS and QUESTIONS are always welcome (and strictly confidential).

Contact The Daily Caveat via:



Join our mailing list to new posts via email.



Or justrss icon read the feed...


Previous Posts
5/02/2005
2005 C.I.A. World Factbook now online
The C.I.A. World Factbook was one on of the first internet locales I ever visited and it remains one of the most indispensible information resources on the web. The first time I remember accessing the factbook was in the very early 1990s before Mosiac (the first real "web" browser) had been released and long before the graphic interface of the world wide web had come into common use. My dad (who was really on the ball with this stuff) showed me how to use a gopher ('member those) to access the factbook via the Louisiana Tech University mainframe. I thought is was pretty darn cool and I had absolutely no idea how quickly the technology we were using would change my life and, really the whole darn world.

In any case, I still think the C.I.A.'s World Factbook is cool and the 2005 edition is newly available here.

Many thanks to the Law Librarian Blog for noting that the new edition was up.

-- MDT

Labels:

0 Comments.
Post a Comment


all content © Michael D. Thomas 2010